The Equal Opportunity Commission has recently reviewed and revised this website.
As part of this process, we have incorporated improved accessibility features, including:
- sans serif fonts and scalable font size
- alternative text for images
- sufficient contrast in foreground / background colour combinations
- clear and consistent use of navigation mechanisms
- content and navigation elements accessible with a keyboard
- 'skip to content' and 'sitemap' as first tab points for screen readers
- metadata used to add semantic information to pages
- pages useable when scripts, applets and colour are turned off
- style sheets applied to control layout and presentation
- div and list-based coding used rather than tables.
We will also soon be revising our online forms to make them accessible and adding Rich Text versions of downloadable documents.
We have also improved accessibility features in the software used to create our website, in line with W3C Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines.
If you find this site difficult to use please contact us and let us know what we can do to make it more accessible for you.
Click for information on accessibility of our office.
Last updated on 22 June, 2011 - 18:03.